How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
Monroe drivers can expect to get approximately 50,000 miles out of original equipment manufacturer and high-quality replacement tires. Learn more about the life of a tire, and how to extend it, at Jim Taylor Chevrolet Buick. Read on and contact our Monroe-area service center if you have any more questions!
What Factors Affect Tires Life Expectancy?
A number of factors can impact the answers to, “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last.” Explore the factors that could be affecting the life of your tires:
- Type of tire: Tire types offer different trade-offs for drivers. High-performance tires have extra grip but may wear faster than all-season tires which have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires also come with a treadwear rating which rates the life expectancy of the tire treads.
- Drivetrain: Drivers will find that front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles experience tire wear differently, depending on where the main power for forward motion comes from.
- Road conditions: Whether you encounter construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice, or you have to drive on gravel or dirt roads regularly, or your tires will take more of a beating. If you have a passion for off-roading that will impact your tire life as well.
- Terrain: More friction on the tires is required to start and stop your vehicle on areas with inclines on the roads, flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes will wear out your tires faster than accelerating gradually and letting coasting do some of the braking work.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
Besides practicing more judicious driving behaviors, there are several other proactive steps you can take to lengthen the lifespan of your tires:
- Every time you fill your gas tank, take a couple minutes to check that your tires are properly inflated. Many gas stations have tire inflation stations if you need to top off.
- Frequently inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Regularly rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Take Care of Your Tires at Jim Taylor Chevrolet Buick
Looking for answers for additional tire care questions? The experienced technicians at Jim Taylor Chevrolet Buick are ready to share our tire care knowledge and provide more tips for Chevrolet, Buick owners. When you are ready to get new tires in Bastrop, be sure to check out our service specials to get a great deal!